Nebraska Paranormal Society
News: Next Public Meeting: July Meeting: 3.15.2017, HiWay Diner, 2105 Hwy2; 7:00pm-9:00pm, Meeting Topic: Do Ghosts Have ESP?  See Everyone There!!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 11, 2017, 10:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Children and the Paranormal  (Read 5343 times)
Robin H
Probationary
Jedi

« on: August 28, 2009, 02:16:51 PM »

Are children in tune with the world of spirits? This seems to be remarkably true in most cases. It seems children are able to see or sense spirits around them. The information about ghosts that comes from children living in houses that are "haunted" is usually consistent and reliable. Most children who claim to see imaginary friends are told to "quite lying" and told to "hush". Is it possible imaginary playmates are not always imaginary? Yes, I believe so. We have had many people call us that have children that are experiencing this and have questions about this. This area is designed for questions or those who have tips we can offer for support.
CPI-NE
Ghost Hunter

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

You know I have had the same feeling for some time.

I started a program called YSAI (Youth Seeking Answers from Investigation), pronounced Y-sigh, to be an educational starting point for youth.

I have always felt it is important to educate people on the paranormal, so why not start with our youth. Their natural curiosity makes them great potential investigators. It has always been said that children are able to see and are more attuned to the paranormal because they are more open minded and have not been shackled with the ?rules? or our society, and the world, about things beyond the physical realm. The first step in educating and training quality investigators to perform quality investigations and strive to constantly question what is going on around them. We should always support their natural curiosity and let them know that there is a bigger world around us than some would have them believe.

Ted Pool
Founder/Lead Investigator
Crossroads Para-investigations
www.cpinebraska.com
Dale
Ghost Hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:33:59 PM »

Are children in tune with the world of spirits? This seems to be remarkably true in most cases. It seems children are able to see or sense spirits around them. The information about ghosts that comes from children living in houses that are "haunted" is usually consistent and reliable. Most children who claim to see imaginary friends are told to "quite lying" and told to "hush". Is it possible imaginary playmates are not always imaginary? Yes, I believe so. We have had many people call us that have children that are experiencing this and have questions about this. This area is designed for questions or those who have tips we can offer for support.

One night, several years ago, I had an opportunity to hear a very interesting story. This would've been in October because it was after one of my ghost tours. I always encourage people to tell me their story, so I expect to hang around a while after the tour is finished. This night was no exception. I saw this girl, perhaps 8 or 9, waiting patiently with her father to speak with me. When it was her turn, she spoke very easily and without fear. I recall to this day her opening statement:  "When I was young (!) I saw a ghost." She then told me an amazing story.

Her parents had been reading and relaxing in the living room one evening while the girl played merrily in her own room down the hall. At some point everything went silent and her father looked up to see this girl carefully carrying a checker board with all the pieces in place. She set the board on the coffee table and asked her dad if he would play against her. He happily agreed, and the two set out for the game.

The girl thoroughly defeated her father. She asked for a rematch, wherein she beat him again. And then a third time. By the fourth play the game had become an issue of winning, and the father chose his moves carefully. She once again defeated him. By now both the father and mother were curious about what was happening. He asked the wife when she had time to teach the daughter to play so well. The wife was astonished as she hadn't ever played checkers with her daughter. The father then asked if she had learned to play at pre-school. The daughter said no. "Well, who taught you to play so well?" The little girl answered, "Grandpa."

The father and mother looked at each other, then back at the daughter. "Honey," he started, "you know your grandpa died when you were just a little girl." She replied, "I know, but he sometimes comes to visit and play in my room." He had been the one who, according to this little girl, taught her to play checkers.

When the child had finished speaking I looked at the father. The look on his face told me she had told the absolute truth. When I looked around I quickly saw this girl had drawn quite an audience. Everyone stood and stared at her in absolute amazement.

That was some moment. I don't know if kids are more open to such things or not, but there certainly plenty of examples of this happening in the world.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:26:56 AM by JimS » Logged
RBM

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »

I'm guessing this readership has not become familiar with how much, for example, of the rigorous reincarnation studies deal with youngsters.

More specifically in this case of learning checkers a youngster has not been socialized to the extent older adults are. It logically follows that there connections to the Nonphysical-Matter Reality is a bit stronger, particularly in the conscious waking state, such as this case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: