Nebraska Paranormal Society
News: Next Public Meeting: July Meeting: 3.15.2017, HiWay Diner, 2105 Hwy2; 7:00pm-9:00pm, Meeting Topic: Do Ghosts Have ESP?  See Everyone There!!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 06:53:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Case #: 2-LIN-Tem - Temple Theater, Lincoln, NE  (Read 5070 times)
JimS
Webmaster
Administrator
Jedi

Ghost in the Machine

« on: October 16, 2009, 09:50:54 PM »

July 15, 2009.

Investigators on site: Laura, Robin, Jim, Chris, Carl, Lisa, Mark

http://www.nebraskaghosts.org/Investigations/Lincoln/Temple/index.php
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:30:05 PM by JimS » Logged

Laura
Probationary
Master

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »

During our investigation of the Temple Building, I had the following personal experiences.  Upon walking into the main theater, I noticed a change in the atmosphere.  The air seemed heavier with a kind of charged energy to it.  When we set up our equiptment in the attic, where all of the props are stored, things seemed very different.  Almost immediately I began to hear voices.  There were no windows in the attic except the small 6"x6" glass blocks in the roof. The team members in the theater below us were men.  The voices I heard were that of a female although I could not understand what she was saying.  Some were louder than others.  The voices were also heard on the audio recorder.  The temperature in the attic was 85 degrees and very humid.  Circulating air would have been welcomed but was not the case.  I had many experiences of feeling cold chills and would get goose bumps for no apparent reason.  There was severe thunderstorms while we were in the attic.  Rain and thunder were very strong at one point.  I cannot justify the voices I heard as being someone outside, 4 stories down while sounds of the rain and thunder and hail was muffled.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:39:46 PM by Laura » Logged
Robin H
Probationary
Jedi

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:32:57 PM »

In the attic I had my experiences. While Laura and I were sitting doing EVP sessions, I was seeing what I thought was someone passing in front of a lighted doorway. I thought it was other team members going to play a joke on us. I went to check it out, no-one was there. It was a very creepy feeling in the attic. We seen flashes on light that turned out to be the lightning coming through the small block windows. We heard voices, and experienced chills. We were able to get unexplained audio. I look forward to doing a follow-up. Great place.
mgscherer
Seeker

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »

In the Howell Theater, Lisa and I were sitting and trying to come up with possible ideas of the sounds that we were hearing. We came up with a few. Lisa was on stage left and felt a cold spot and I took a picture of that area and found some cool lights and an orb. I know we don't value orbs, but the coincidence was amazing.  Several times we heard faint noises and I got up to go to the spot and only once did I feel like it was a bad place to be. One of those times was when I was in the balcony taking pictures and felt like some one was right next to me and felt some tightness in my chest. I wasn't scared just had a creepy feeling. So, as you all know, I stayed up there cause I like that and really wanted to catch something while I was up there. I even caught a living guy. I was sitting on the stage and Lisa was in the seats and we were talking and I heard a door open and shut and footsteps. Wow, my heart was racing and I sprung up and took off to the site where I thought I had heard those noises. I looked and looked and wow, to my amazement, nothing was to be found. I was walking back and there was this kid standing there. I about jumped to the roof. I think I caught him off guard as well. He said he was the stage manager for the play the university was doing,, and I said who I was and we went on our ways.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:08:53 PM by JimS » Logged
JimS
Webmaster
Administrator
Jedi

Ghost in the Machine

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 10:41:53 PM »

The only thing that happened to me at Temple that was out of the ordinary involved the radios. Chris, Carl and I were using 2-way VHF radios to communicate with each other as we were in different parts of the building. Chris and I were in the Lab Theater when I tried to use my radio. It would not turn on. I had come with two freshly charged battery packs, so I swapped the spare battery pack on to the radio. Still nothing. I checked to see that the rechargeable batteries were properly seated in each battery pack, and even swapped the rechargeables out for fresh alkaline batteries in one pack, and could not get the radio to work.

After I got home later that evening, I checked the first battery pack with a voltmeter. It measured fully charged, so I swapped it back on to the radio and it worked. I repeated the process with the second battery pack, and it also worked. I could not find any reason for the failure to operate while at Temple.

So, paranormal interference or a balky power switch? I don't know. This radio has been very reliable in the past. I have used it for public service events and storm spotting with the ham radio club, and on other NPS outings since this night, with no problems.

cjbne
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »

This was my favorite investigation so far.  There is a lot of history at the Temple Theatre and I can't help but want to return sometime for another investigation. 

-Chris
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:05:49 PM by cjbne » Logged
Carl
Probationary
Seeker

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 12:04:19 AM »

This was a great place, with some pretty interesting history.  There were a story or two about the theater, and as far as I can tell, at least one was debunked.  We'll have to do some deeper research to be sure.  I had a great time and it gave us a good chance to work with some of our equipment.  I didn't find anything from our digital recorders, but I'd like a chance to go back and try again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: