Nebraska Paranormal Society
News: Next Public Meeting: July Meeting: 3.15.2017, HiWay Diner, 2105 Hwy2; 7:00pm-9:00pm, Meeting Topic: Do Ghosts Have ESP?  See Everyone There!!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 09, 2018, 10:50:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Manifestation  (Read 2026 times)
amwell

« on: November 24, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »

How are ghosts able to manifest physically in this world? I'm going to post a couple theories I have come across.  I would love to hear yours. Remember this is a philosophy board so there is no right or wrong.
1. Ghosts are able to use the energy from the surrounding environment to be seen in this world.
2. Ghosts are able to cross through an inter diminsional barrier to be able to be seen.
3. They are seen with only our mind and not with physical eye.  Therefore, theoretically, they wouldn't be physically here.
JimS
Webmaster
Administrator
Jedi

Ghost in the Machine

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »

1. Ghosts are able to use the energy from the surrounding environment to be seen in this world.

Not sure about this one. The theories are too inconsistent. On the one hand, spirits will drain a high capacity camcorder battery to get enough energy to manifest. Then, the next time, they need as little energy as there is in a small volume of air (the cold spot). How much does it take? This is an effect that should be measurable with instruments, I wonder how come no one has measured it?

2. Ghosts are able to cross through an inter diminsional barrier to be able to be seen.

Possible. This is another one that should be measurable. Not necessarily the spirits themselves, but the physical effects on the local environment caused by the crossover.

3. They are seen with only our mind and not with physical eye.  Therefore, theoretically, they wouldn't be physically here.

I like this one. It fits well with a great many "eyewitness" accounts. It may, or may not, be measurable with the right kind of instrument.

The problem, as I'm beginning to see it, is that no one is out there with any kind of sophisticated instrumentation. Even the guys with big cable budgets are using silly stuff like K2s and FLIRs. That is extremely limiting. They must spend most of their money on fancy transportation and big computers.

Roger
NPS Member
Master

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »

I realize this topic hasn't been very active in a long time, I thought I'd add to it none the less.  I agree with Jim that a manifestation should be measurable with some form or forms of sensitive electronic equipment.  My strong suspicion as to the composition of paranormal phenomna is most likely some form of electrostatic energy fields, yet I'm not willing to rule out the possibility of some form of magnetic anomaly or perhaps even both.  The thermodynamic aspects of a manifestation (i.e. cold spots) could very well be the result of sudden movement of electrical charges toward a location in free space where such a manifestation may be forming.  The air around us possesses an electrical charge (typically 100-300 volts per square meter) depending upon various weather and humidity conditions.  It is conceivable that whatever these things are, are able to somehow draw upon the existing energy available around us to assist in creating a visible manifestation or other types of manifestations.  The cold spot could be the result of an energy vortex created by the sudden inrush of electrons toward the center of activity.  I realize that some of this discussion may be a bit complicated, but it should be considered as a possibility.  The other aspect of both visual and audio anomalies is the apparent connection they seem to have with magnetic disturbances.  Light and magnetism has been proven to be interactive as well as electromagnetic and electrostatic fields are capable of producing sound waves in free air.  Perhaps paranormal activity is composed of varying degrees of all four energy states (defined as: Magnetic/Electromagnetic, Electrostatic and possibly photonic.)  If this is the case, then we have the technology necessary to record, to measure and to analyze the composition of paranormal activity in a very scientific manner.  At some point we may gain this evidence but it will surely lead to even a greater amount of questions than we are currently asking today.
Roger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: