Nebraska Paranormal Society
News: Next Public Meeting: July Meeting: 3.15.2017, HiWay Diner, 2105 Hwy2; 7:00pm-9:00pm, Meeting Topic: Do Ghosts Have ESP?  See Everyone There!!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 18, 2019, 01:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enough with the ORBS already!!  (Read 3121 times)
mgscherer
Seeker

« on: August 20, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »

Enough with the ORBS already! Orbs are not evidence of the paranormal.
 They are not ghosts and they are not even unexplained!
What are these balls of transparent light we find in our photos taken in allegdly  haunted places? No one has the true answer to this question yet, but that's the part of the researcher and investigators.
One of the leading theories concerning what orbs are and the one that I lean towards the most is that they are not the spirit at all. The orb is the energy being tranferred from a source (i.e, power lines, heat energy, batteries, people, ect,) to the spirit so they can manifest. This may not even be a conscience thing the spirit is doing, just a natural way to get their energy. This would explain why the orbs are round balls. Acording to the laws of physics energy being transferring like that would assume is natural shape of a sphere. This theory can also be tied into the EMF readings we get durring spirit activity.
Natural Orbs
Dust is the most common anomaly that will he photographed by the beggining ghost hunter. We have established a date base of over 1,000 photos of just enviromental airborne anomilies, from grass, tress, grass pollens, to dust motes, to moisture droplets, to ice crystals, to rain and snow flakes. Just because an anomly is spherical does not translate to paranormal. In my experience 99% of all orbs captured are non-paranormal. It is amazing how some groups consider the orbs as intelligent simply because it floats on gentle air currents and are captured with night vision camcorders. Perhaps if these groups would apply Occam's Razor and look for the simplest explanation instead of the most complex, they might not jump to hasty conclusions.
Spirit or Ghost Orbs
We created the Orb Theory based on the findings on our field invstigations and through our research. We discovered that a spiritual orb represented the soul of a departed person. The soul being the essance of who they were in life, complete with their intelligence, their emotions and personality. The orb or sphere is common in our everday lives. The Earth and Moon and spheres and our blood cells are sphere shaped. The vision of Black Elk describes hoops within hoops. We use the symbol of the cirlce to represent eternal existance, with no beggining or end.
http://www.ghostweb.com/orb_theory.html August 2010
http://the shadowlands.net/ghost/orbs.htm August 2010
httm://prairieghosts.com/trouble.html August 2010
Kerry
Ghost Hunter
Master

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:44:35 PM »

I agree with your orbs theories.  Our group continues to receive emails from individuals because orbs have appeared on their digital pictures.  Our group is "Orbsomaha"
Orbs is simply an acronym for Omaha Research Beyond the Supernatural.  In fact, I rarely bring my digital camera on investigations.  What's the point?  The evidence I'm mainly concerned about for investigations are Ultraviolet and Infrared camera video/pictures and capturing EVP's. 
mgscherer
Seeker

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »

Thank you so much. I agree with the whole picture thing. I take pictures only for apparitions and shadows. I do not even look at orbs or anything that resembles orbs. Thanks for your input.
JimS
Webmaster
Administrator
Jedi

Ghost in the Machine

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »

The orb is the energy being tranferred from a source (i.e, power lines, heat energy, batteries, people, ect,) to the spirit so they can manifest. This may not even be a conscience thing the spirit is doing, just a natural way to get their energy. This would explain why the orbs are round balls. Acording to the laws of physics energy being transferring like that would assume is natural shape of a sphere. This theory can also be tied into the EMF readings we get durring spirit activity.

This is the kind of statement that bugs me. I would like to know where the authors get this information. No references, backup information, empirical evidence, or sources - just a vague statement about the "laws of physics", to which we are all supposed to nod knowingly and say "ah, physics"?

I've never heard of an energy transfer taking a spherical form. The types of energy transfer that I know about generally happen in a linear fashion, across the path of least resistance from a source to a destination (think lighting). "Energy" doesn't tend to hang around and collect in balls, that I know of. It would have to have something to contain it or restrain it, without loss, or it would dissipate. And before you say "ball lightning", it moves along the path of least resistance as well, and will dissipate rather quickly if left to itself. Can anyone give examples of a spherical energy transfer cloud? Credible references, please.

-Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: