Nebraska Paranormal Society
News: Next Public Meeting: July Meeting: 3.15.2017, HiWay Diner, 2105 Hwy2; 7:00pm-9:00pm, Meeting Topic: Do Ghosts Have ESP?  See Everyone There!!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 23, 2017, 02:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Case #: Ft. Robinson  (Read 5740 times)
JimS
Webmaster
Administrator
Jedi

Ghost in the Machine

« on: October 08, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »

Case File URL: http://www.nebraskaghosts.org/Investigations/FtRob/index.php

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:37:06 PM by JimS » Logged

Robin H
Probationary
Jedi

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:35:01 PM »

Awww. This place is dripping in history. It was more of a vacation more than a investigation though... We stayed a the "Nurses Quarters". A historic two story house, it was VERY comfortable. I not once had an eerie feeling - I slept well. I am sure something is lingering there, but I didn't see it, feel it or have evidence of it. I would love to go back and stay in a different place.  
I have nothing on my audio recorder. I did get this unexplained photo. Let me know what you think it is.  

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:29:31 AM by NebraskaGhosts » Logged
gaiagrrrl
NPS Lead
Master

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »

Weird photo, Robin!  I remember that tree, and I can't explain that black spot.

I didn't catch anything at Ft. Robinson.  I thoroughly enjoyed staying in the Nurse's Quarters!  What a lovely and comfortable house!  It had such a homey feel to it.  I usually can't sleep well anywhere other than my own bed and surprisingly I slept very pleasantly both nights we were there.  I did feel very sad in a few spots, but I'm not sure if I was picking something up, or if I just felt sorrowful due to the unhappy history of the location.

I did however have a fabulous time and enjoyed our trip west very much.  I would like to go back sometime and check out some of those old battlefields more thoroughly.
Laura
Probationary
Master

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:38:36 PM »

Fort Robinson is such an awesome place.  It is absolutely packed with major events in history.  I have had strange feelings here on previous trips, but this trip left me with a calming feeling.  On a previous visit, I stayed in one of the officers quarters and felt it had an eerie kind of vibe to it.

During this visit, we bunkered down in the nurses quarters.  I had previously heard of children being locked in one of the bedrooms and were unable to open the door from either side.  Then, when all was quiet, the door opened on its own.  Other strange occurances took place in the nurses quarters during my friends visit.

My experience of the nurses quarters was absolutely calming.  I would go so far as to say that it was unusually serene in the old house.  I felt warm and welcome there.  A place I could easily settle into for a long time.  I'm not sure if that is something that the nurses from so long ago had something to do with or not.  We attempted to obtain some sort of EVP but were unsuccessful. 

The old cemetery was a baffeling situation.  The headstones were all erect, but the names had all been scratched off and were facing north and south.  Normally, headstones face east or west.  Apparently the bodies had been moved at one point due to flooding.  We were unable to determine where the bodies were moved.  I felt no impressions of anything paranormal in this location. 

The location where Crazy Horse was murdered always has somewhat of a somber feel to it.  I have attempted to obtain evidence of his presence here, but feel he resides in another place.  On one of my previous visits to this area, I took pictures of the newly reconstructed buildings, it appears that I caught the image of a person in one of the windows. 

I am certain that Fort Robinson is a place where some of its history remains eternally.  I plan to return and make sure I have the time I need to find its permanent residents.
JimS
Webmaster
Administrator
Jedi

Ghost in the Machine

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »

The spot where Crazy Horse was fatally wounded had a lonely feeling, but nothing was captured there. Further review of evidence may turn something unnoticed up. It was interesting, and poignant, to see offerings of cigarettes at the monument by admirers of Crazy Horse.
A great spot to spend some time - a week or four, I would say. Steeped in history, and surrounded by fantastic scenery. A must-visit, even if the spirits are on vacation somewhere else.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:39:06 PM by JimS » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: